Concluding the series on fixing common podcasting problems, here are ways others have creatively solved problems they faced with their podcasts.
Making interesting openings
- Avoid saying the same thing in your episode openings.
- Engage your audience right away.
Maurice Cherry from Revision Path.
- Only go after sponsors you actually use.
- Convince sponsors on the value of your show and that it matches their value.
Appearing on TV and interviewing popular guests
- Call TV producers with a timely proposal (ideally with local relevance).
- Incorporate props into your segment.
- Create a media page with your TV appearances.
- Use a mirror to find the places that reflect directly into your mic.
- Reduce flat surfaces.
- Hang multiple layers of blankets or towels.
- Build your own acoustic panels.
- Test on others to see how it works.
Thank you for the podcast reviews!
- General Snobbery said, “This is a podcast that demonstrates podcasts at their best. Podcasts, above all, are here to help us. Here's a podcast geared entirely toward helping others. No ivory tower, no ego – simply a kind, intelligent man spreading quality information. Thank you, Mr. Lewis!”
- Join me and Gordon Firemark in our free webinar, “What You Must Know about the Law and Your Podcast” this Thursday, August 25, at 3:00 pm (EDT/GMT-4).
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links