Stever Robbins, host of the Get It Done Guy's Quick & Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More, and author of Get-It-Done Guy's 9 Steps to Work Less and Do More, shares his tips to help us podcast more and better by being more productive.
Stever's favorite tools
For more about his tools, visit Stever's recording setup page.
Productivity tips for podcasters
- Separate your tasks (writing, recording, editing)
- Make it a habit (schedule nonnegotiable time to work on your episodes)
- Decide how much of a priority this is
- block it off and make a commitment
- Decide the outcome you want
- Examine the purpose, and if it's not meeting that purpose, then stop
How to avoid procrastination
- Use a calendar
- Call your enemy and offer to pay them $1,000 if you don't accomplish your task
- Ask someone else to keep you accountable by asking whether you have completed your tasks
- Don't rely on just willpower
Answers to your questions
What is the first step for an organization or time management newbie? [Erik J. Fisher]
Why do you want to get organized? Figure out a system that works for you.
Look at what appears in your task backlog and schedule it or find someone else to do it for you
My boss is remote, as in other side of the world, and so there are cultural differences and no face-to-face contact. How do you recommend that I manage the demands of the job, when I am feeling overwhelmed by tasks and deadlines assigned remotely? [Fred from Long Island]
Don't let someone assign tasks without your formally accepting the task. Still get a face-to-face through Skype, at least voice communication. Look at current task list and determine what needs to be dropped to handle the new task or change quality requirements. Put this in writing. This applies to podcasting, too. If you host too many podcasts at the same time, you could be sacrificing the quality of each and splitting your audience (if both shows are in the same niche).
Follow Stever Robbins
- Visit Stever's website
- Listen to his podcast Get It Done Guy's Quick & Dirty Tips to Work Less and Do More
- Buy his book Get-It-Done Guy's 9 Steps to Work Less and Do More
- Follow @GetItDoneGuy
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links