After our loss of Chris Capel, his fabulous work on Chris’s Dynamic Compressor needed a new home. For now, I’ll host it here and will update this page with instructions.
How to install
- Download Chris’s Dynamic Compressor plugin for Audacity.
- Double-click the zipped file to open or extract it.
- Move “compress.ny” to Audacity’s plug-ins folder.
- OS X: Applications/Audacity/plug-ins
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Audacity\plugins
- Linux: /usr/share/audacity/plug-ins, /usr/local/share/audacity/plug-ins, or ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins
- Restart Audacity.
- “Compress Dynamics” will appear in the Effect menu.