After our loss of Chris Capel, his fabulous work on Chris’s Dynamic Compressor needed a new home. For now, I’ll host it here and will update this page with instructions.
How to install
- Ensure you have the latest version of Audacity installed.
- Download Chris’s Dynamic Compressor plugin for Audacity.
- Double-click the zipped file to open or extract it.
- Move “compress.ny” to Audacity’s plug-ins folder.
- macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/Plug-Ins
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Audacity\plugins
- Linux: /usr/share/audacity/plug-ins, /usr/local/share/audacity/plug-ins, or ~/.audacity-files/plug-ins
- Go to the Effect menu > Manage…
- Find either “compress” or “compress &dynamics 1.2.6” and select it.
- Click Enable.
- Click OK.
- Now, “Compress Dynamics” will appear in the Effect menu.