This are both great microphones for beginning podcasters. They are essentially the same microphone with USB and XLR outputs, so you can plug either straight into your computer, or use them with a mixer.
Differences between AT2100-USB and AT2005USB
I generally recommend to pick whichever microphone is cheaper at the moment, but the ATR2100-USB has a much better warranty. Both microphones sound good with only subtle differences between them.
|Special mic-stand clamp||Standard mic-stand clamp|
|Lifetime Limited End-user Warranty||One-Year Limited End-User Warranty|
Mentioned in posts
- Does audio/video quality ACTUALLY matter? Is a dynamic mic REALLY the best? – TAP174
- Electro-Voice RE320 podcasting mic review
- Electro-Voice RE20 podcasting mic review
- Podcast mic comparisons – TAP119
- Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB unboxing [video]