Even though podcasting is usually an audio-only experience, attractive images can enhance your podcast branding and help you promote your podcast better! Here are suggestions to consider for podcast-level and episode-level images.
How images help your podcast
Establishing and reinforcing visual branding
Marketing your episodes
Artwork makes your podcast look a lot better when shared in social networks like Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.
Having images, especially for each episode, can help enable you to promote your podcast in visual-only platforms, like Pinterest and Instagram.
Engaging your audience
Look at No Agenda‘s art generator.
Communicating without words
“A picture is worth 1,000 words.”
1. Square image for podcast apps and Instagram
2. Crop-friendly wide image for video and social
- 16:9 for video
- 1,200 × 628 for Facebook and Twitter
3. Crop-friendly tall image for Pinterest
- 2:3 for Pinterest
- 9:16 for video stories
4. Thumbnail image for your website
I suggest you design for a square crop but with margin for different ratios.
5. Background image for creativity
What I love being able to use background images in SecondLine Themes as my WordPress theme! You can easily add a color overlay, style effects, and even blur your images.
Ensure it doesn't conflict with text over it.
6. “Open” image for audiograms
Headliner and Wavve are great tools for making audiograms.
7. Show images for profile branding
Visit Sprout Social's guide to social-media image sizes.
How to make these images
Hire a professional
- Mark Des Cotes from Podcast Branding
Do it yourself
- Adobe Spark Post
- Photoshop Elements
- Any design/layout software you have
I'm available to help you podcast!
If you need one-on-one help or you haven't launched your podcast, yet, click here to request a personal coaching and consulting session with me and I'd love the opportunity to help you podcast better!
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Follow The Audacity to Podcast
- Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, other Android apps, or in your favorite podcast app.
- Join the Facebook Page
- Subscribe on YouTube for Podcasting Videos by The Audacity to Podcast
- Follow @theDanielJLewis on Twitter
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.