iTunes and other podcast apps won’t accept a podcast if the RSS feed isn’t valid. An invalid feed could also prevent your podcast from updating in apps and directories.
Here’s how to validate your podcast feed.
- Copy your podcast feed URL.
- Paste into CastFeedValidator, Podba.se Podcast Validator, or Feed Validator.
- Look for errors. Warnings from Feed Validator may be acceptable. If there are no errors, you have a valid feed!
- If there are errors, edit the appropriate information first in whatever creates your RSS feed, then in FeedBurner (if applicable).
- Clear any applicable caching on your feed. There’s usually a “Clear cache” tool (or similar) in WordPress caching plugins. If you use FeedBurner, Go to the “Troubleshootize” tab and click “Resync Now”.
- Revalidate. If there are no errors, you have a valid feed! If you continue to receive errors (not warnings), or you need help, contact me to have your feed professionally repaired and optimized.