PodCamps are for more than just podcasters, but how can PodCamps specifically benefit podcasters? I share my thoughts and the three benefits.
Before I begin, please note that I sponsor my own podcasts through my freelance design company, D.Joseph Design. If you need a website designed, help starting a podcast, or presentation designed, please contact me.
What is a PodCamp?
A PodCamp is a usually free BarCamp-style community UnConference for new media enthusiasts and professionals including bloggers, podcasters, YouTubers, social networkers, and anyone curious about new media. The first PodCamp was held September 8-10, 2006 in Boston, Massachusetts. PodCamps are now being held worldwide.
PodCamp isn’t just about podcasting! If you’re interested in blogging, social media, social networking, podcasting, video on the net, if you’re a podsafe musician (or want to be), or just someone curious about new media, then please join us — and bring a friend or colleague.
I have attended all three PodCamp Ohio unconferences and the first-and-so-far-only PodCamp Cleveland and have presented multiple sessions at both: web design, tweeting for your organization, podcasting, Audacity, and even comedy! Look at the schedule from last PodCamp Ohio.
The three benefits of PodCamps
- Get to hear from great speakers on great topics—but we’re all rock stars, so the speaker is probably your peer!
- Opportunities to give back to the community by sharing your knowledge and passion.
- Meeting and networking with lots of fantastic people.
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.