When you know how to use Twitter to promote your podcast or blog, you can open a new world of community, fresh ideas, and interactivity.
But does your podcast need its own Twitter account, or should you tweet podcast stuff from your personal or professional account?
Learn when you should or shouldn’t have a Twitter account for your blogging or podcasting brand.
DON’T have a separate Twitter account when:
- you’ll use it as a personal account
- you’ll post all the same stuff across accounts anyway
- you have infrequent or no relevant content
- you already built an audience with your own account
DO have a separate Twitter account when:
- your blog/podcast has multiple contributors
- you create a lot of content
- the industry produces a lot of news
- you want to build a niche following
- you need separate branding
Tips for managing multiple Twitter accounts
- Make a “branding-neutral” account for yourself
- Define the new account’s branding and stick to it
- Rarely tweet the same stuff
- Crosspromote your content and Twitter account(s) occasionally
- Use multi-account Twitter tools
Podcasting poll: do you have a separate Twitter account for your blog or podcast?[poll id=”10″]
Please retweet this from your relevant account!
— Daniel J. Lewis (@theRamenNoodle) August 13, 2012
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links