On Friday, April 17, 2020, Apple Podcasts surpassed 1 million valid podcasts in their catalog. So have we reached “peak podcast”? Is it too late to start a podcast? Will your podcast only be lost in the sea of over 1 million other podcasts?
Short answer: NO!
1. Saturation is a matter of perspective
Listen to “There Are Now More than 800,000 Podcasts and More Industry Stats” for more information behind my Podcast Industry Statistics site.
According to the top results in Google searches:
- There are more than 31 million YouTube channels
- There are more than 97 million songs
- There are more than 140 million books
- There are more than 600 million blogs