Stabilize your videos and get professional-looking quality using a mirrorless or DSLR camera with the Pilotfly H2 one-handed, 3-axis stabilization gimbal and tool-free design.
The Pilotfly H2 is a handheld camera stabilizer, which comes with a 4-way joystick and 5 preconfigured modes:
- Follow mode: The camera follows turns up and down (X axis) or left and right (Y axis), but not roll (Z axis)
- Tilt lock mode: The camera stays level while panning is still possible
- Full lock mode: All 3 axes are locked and the camera stays steady
- Follow roll mode: The camera captures the curve in an action scene, as opposed to the follow mode, in which the camera can only follow movements horizontally or vertically
- Home move mode: Moves the camera back to the home position
Other versatility options include being able to invert the gimbal for low-shooting. The Pilotfly H2 can also be re-orentied to accommodate a camera with a flip-out screen.
Every Pilotfly stabilizer has implemented Bluetooth, giving you the possibility to remotely control the gimbal with your smartphone or the included RM-01 remote control, which pairs automatically. The remote also has a four-way joystick to pan, tilt or roll the camera; a button to switch modes; and even controllable timelapse.
A similar, smaller gimbal for smartphones will be available later in 2016. This could be useful for home video and podcasters. The smartphone gimbal will support horizontal and vertical phone orientations (handy for those vertical-only apps).
The Pilotfly H2 is extremely versatile for the $998 retail price. The smartphone gimbal will be available for $320.
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.