We chase away the undead ideas that scare away many people from podcasting or blogging, or frighten even seasoned podcasters or bloggers.
1. It's not worth the time
- Joy from sharing your passion
2. I don't have enough to say
- Podcast your passion and you may never run out of content
- Plan ahead
- Harvest content from your audience
3. No one will listen to me
- Passion and enthusiasm is attractive and contagious
- Find an audience
- Know the value of a faithful audience
4. People won't like me
- Better for people to hate you for who you are than to like you for who you aren't
- Be yourself
- Be respectful and a giver
5. It's too hard
- Several free and simple solutions: LibSyn, Podbean, MyPodcast.com, Audioboo, BlogTalkRadio,
- Pay someone to setup and then it's easy to maintain
6. It costs too much
You can start for as little as $75.
- Mixer: Behringer XENYX502 5-Channel Mixer ($36 Amazon.com, $40 Musician's Friend) or Behringer XENYX 302USB (coming soon!)
- Dynamic mic, stand, and XLR cable: Nady stage microphone with accessories ($25 Amazon.com, $30 Musician's Friend)
- Pop filter: $10–$20 from Amazon.com or Musician's Friend
7. I hate the sound of my voice
- There is a market for every voice
- Most people don't mind
- Don't apologize for yourself
- Try to improve
“Read” the Steve Jobs biography for free!
I discovered that the new book on Steve Jobs can be had for free if you sign up for a 14-day free trial with Audible. Cancel within 14 days and pay nothing, but keep the audiobook you chose!
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.