Monetizing your blog or podcast is a wish for many content-creators. But now it's a lot easier with an Audible affiliate program that can earn $15 per person!
An affiliate program where everyone WINS!
I've previously shared several ways podcasters can make money with their podcasts, including a simple iTunes subscription link. But I do truly love the Audible affiliate program because I think it is a win-win-win!
Your listeners win because they get something free that they will enjoy.
Audible wins because they get a new customer, and most people end up being thrilled with Audible's selection.
You win because you earn money from even a free trial, and you get to refer your audience to relevant content.
How the Audible affiliate program works
It's easy to setup your account and get a selection of banners, generate links, and track immediate results.
2. Promote a FREE trial
Audible will give you your own, easy affiliate link, like AudibleTrial.com/noodle (that's mine). But I recommend that you use Pretty Link or Pretty Link Pro to make an easy, trackable link for your Audible referrals. For example, mine is TheAudacitytoPodcast.com/audibletrial. You could use “/audible,” “/audiobook” or anything easy to remember, say, spell, and type.
Making your own link for this or any other affiliate will make it easier for your listeners. Think of links I frequently share in the podcast:
Because these all use the same domain as my website, it's easier for you to remember, because you'll start to assume any link of mine is “theaudacitytopodcast.com/… .” So all you'd have to remember is the “/word” part.
Sincerely recommend an audiobook that your audience would like. Maybe it's something you've recently read and were inspired by (like the Steve Jobs biography), maybe it's something relevant to your content (like an audiobook of fair tales), or maybe it's something new and motivational (like a productivity book).
- Promote the trial in your podcast with your speakable URL.
- Place a link in your shownotes.
- Consider adding banners to your site.
3. Listeners signup and get a FREE audiobook
There really is no “gotchya!” to this! It's a 30-day free trial during which time your listeners can find and download almost any audiobook of their choice for free.
Even if they cancel their trial within the thirty days, they get to keep the audiobook and you still get paid.
4. You earn $15 per FREE trial
Immediately after someone joins Audible through your affiliate link, you'll see the $15 instantly in your affiliate account.
There's no waiting period or delay until their trial passes (like many web-host affiliates have)!
You'll get paid via check or direct deposit once a month as long as your earnings are $30 or more (which is only two trials).
Start making money with the Audible affiliate program. Join today!
Send your podcasting tips for 100th episode!
To celebrate the upcoming 100th episode (currently scheduled for October 15), send me your podcasting tips!
- Send written or recorded tips.
- Make them shorter than 30 seconds.
- Mention your name and website.
- Make each tip able to stand on its own, even if you have to send multiple recordings.
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored endorsement, but I do get compensated for every blogger or podcaster I refer to Audible's affiliate program. This post contains other affiliate links that benefit D.Joseph Design and Noodle.mx Network.