Hear opinions on FeedBurner's future, whether we should continue using it, and how we can leave it.
This is Round 4 of Podcasters' Roundtable, featuring:
- Ray Ortega from The Podcasters Studio
- Daniel J. Lewis from The Audacity to Podcast
- Dave Jackson from School of Podcasting
- Cliff Ravenscraft from Podcast Answer Man
Here are some of the relevant links we mentioned in this episode:
- Feedburner Fear Fiasco
- Feedburner – Is The Sky Really Falling?
- How to leave FeedBurner
- Libsyn Updates and Insights into iTunes, Podcast Stats and Hosting
- Avoid the Dangers of Free Media Hosts
Check out Podcasters' Roundtable and please subscribe and review in iTunes!
Great round table. As much as I like what Cliff has done for Podcasters, I’m afraid his stubbornness with Feedburner will result in pain for many. I’m joining the other 3 of you in moving away from it ASAP. It’s inevitable. The bottom line is, I want full control of my feed and my content.
I’m going with my wordpress podcast category feed with powerpress which I already have setup and just redundantly setup via feedburner.
Then again, his stubbornness may prove correct while the rest of us do the hard work to move away.
I seriously doubt FeedBurner will be shut down. I do also appreciate the RSS stats it provides (albeit far from accurate). So that’s why I’ll do the long work to change the URL my audience is subscribed to, so I will always have full control.