Hear how other podcasters will change their podcasting in 2013 to help reach new goals.
What I will be doing different in 2013 is to add a feature to my podcast – where I bring in an actual client and address his/her solution during the show.
Carlos Quintero from Media on Q
1. We did 12 episodes of Financial Tech in 2012 and pod faded in March. Recently, we relaunched the show with a brand new format. 10 minutes of Market Commentary by a CFP from our Credit Union. 10 minutes…that’s it. Weekly.
2. Going to launch a special version of Home Tech called HTI (Home Tech Interview) where I interview interesting people for our audience. The standard format for Home Tech is currently Round Table every week. All tech. This podcast extra will be a bit different.
3. Going to work on relaunching Enterprise Tech (all about enterprise software, ex. Oracle, Microsoft, etc) later this spring. Maybe May or June.
That is as far out as I can get at the moment.
Jim Collison from The Average Guy podcast network
I will podcast differently by becoming more focused on my topics and less on distractions. Also a more consistent schedule.
Mike Dell (@geekofthenorth)
More consistent schedule and calendar of guests.
More good guests. I think good guests, and sometimes guests with a name, are good ways to build audience for my niche.
Dave Dufour from Theatre Geeks Podcast
I will focus more on being right on topic always.
Live audio streaming some new shows with a couple of new co-hosts on a very regular basis and more closely targeting my ideal audience. Working hard to develop a more engaged audience by working on content and utilizing social media more effectively.
Mark Kelleher from Mark in Russia
I’m planning on using Google+ in my podcasting as a way to build engaging communities. We’re on some of the other networks but Google+ is an untapped resource. I’m also going to utilize Google+ Hangouts.
Nick Seuberling from Start Talking and Recording Today
By summer, I expect us to be broadcasting a vid-stream/vid-cast.
- Cut back from 13 podcasts to 6.
- Make 2013 a year of giving back by releasing premium content for free (limited time).
- Help other podcasters, like Richard Cleveland’s new Podcast U.
How my other podcasts will be different
- Handing over Are You Just Watching? to my cohost Eve.
- Get more great guests, including celebrities.
- Not worry about episode length.
- Incorporate feedback more “inline.”
- Delegate more tasks.
RESCHEDULED: Audacity training workshop
I’m going to offer my first online training workshop for anyone to learn how to use Audacity. The workshop will be at noon (EST/GMT-5) on Saturday, March 9.
This will be an information-packed hour with time for questions after. All registrants will receive a downloadable copy after the workshop.
Through February 15, you can reserve your seat for $100. Email Feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com with the subject “Audacity workshop” to reserve your spot before they’re all taken!
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links