While I'm on my honeymoon, I have a two-part conversation with Fred Casteneda, a podcasting machine! We talk about his passion, organization, and dialog in his podcasting empire.
About Fred Castaneda
Fred Castaneda is an Entrepreneur in the area of Podcasting, New Media, Social Media, as well as Personal Productivity and Time Management. He is currently the President of Matrix Solutions Corporation and has been a marketing consultant for the Small Business community.
After retiring from IBM, with over 31 years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Training, Podcasting, Video, New Media and Integrated Marketing Communications, he has also led several start-up firms since 1981.
Fred has several podcast series, including The Struggling Entrepreneur, as well as a Personal Productivity Course called Gain Control of Your Day. He also has also done audio narration of several published books at www.PremiumCast.com. Fred is currently the Managing Director for the program Finance-For-Startups at www.finance4startups.com. He is also a senior partner for the Joint Venture called Entrepreneur-Tools-Online.
Fred has been a speaker at the 2009 Social Media Telesummit, as well as the 2009 and 2010 ProductCamp user-generated conferences (aka “unconferences”), as well as various PodCamps and e-lance-Camps since 2006 in Arizona, San Antonio, California and other venues.
He is a currently a PhD. Candidate in International Business, and he received both his M.B.A and B.A. degrees at Loyola University of Los Angeles. In the past 25 years, Fred has taught and spoken at various universities and colleges in subjects ranging from Foreign Currency Devaluations of International Business to high-tech directions in Personal Computing.
A veteran of the U.S. Army, Fred served several tours as an Airborne Infantry paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division. He was later an educator and instructor for the Airborne’s Recondo School at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, after a combat tour of duty in Vietnam.
In addition to business-, productivity- and Entrepreneur-focused podcasts, Fred also publishes free podcasts to support the community of veterans’ organizations, as well as disadvantaged combat Veterans (such as http://www.cibaustin.org and http://www.82ndabndivalamo.org).
In addition to his military, technical and sales careers, Fred also taught Dance at Loyola University and was the director of the performing Grupo Folklorico there. His free educational podcast of Arriba! Folklorico music and dance of Mexico covers the music and dance of the native and mestizo themes with a mixture of culture and entertainment.
- Struggling Entrepreneur
- Gain Control of your Day (companion podcast)
- Gain control of your day PREMIUM podcast (6-month course seminar)
- Arriba! Folklorico Music and Dance of Mexico
- Austin Podcasters Meetup podcast
- Entrepreneur iPad users meetup podcast
- Community of Five podcast and main blog
- Entrepreneur Tools Online and main blog
- Jungle Warriors (premium content like an audiobook from the published work by Bobby Briscoe)
- Casablanca to VE-day: A paratroopers' memoirs (premium content like an audiobook from the published work by Darrell G. Harris)
- Finance for Startups free companion podcast
- Finance for Startups premium podcast (7-week course seminar)
- 82nd Airborne Division Association podcast
- Combat infantrymen's Association podcast
No live shows for a while
I got married! Although I will have prerecorded episodes still released on a schedule, this was the last live recording for a while. After I'm married, I may rearrange the Ramen Noodle™ and The Audacity to Podcast™ to be live on the same night.
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.