During my honeymoon, I had several episodes of the Ramen Noodle and The Audacity to Podcast automatically post. How can you prerecord and schedule your episodes to magically post while you are away? I share some tips for workflow, Audacity, and WordPress.
This week’s Audacity tip is the power of the pause button.
Scott shares a success from advice I gave in episode 12 about getting an analog-to-digital converter for reducing digital interference noise. Scott bought a Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter for $10 shipped (now $14 + shipping) and it worked perfectly.
Tips for prerecording podcast episodes
- Be organized and plan ahead.
- Consider bringing guests onto the show to provide content.
- When you’re in “the zone” could be the best time to prerecord.
- Name your episodes and write your shownotes immediately after recording.
- Try to have your shownotes written ahead of time.
- Keep it simple! The less editing you perform, the quicker you can prerecord your episodes. Consider even allowing a few more “glitches” than you might normally allow.
- Don’t feel like you have to release episodes while you’re gone, unless you have contractual obligations. Sometimes a break is nice, and it ensures your listeners won’t fall behind (especially around holidays). In fact, iTunes will pause (not unsubscribe) your listeners’ subscriptions if they fall behind.
- Schedule your post in WordPress to automatically post while you’re away.
Audacity tip: pause while recording
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.