2013 will be a big year of change for The Audacity to Podcast! I hope my sharing of my plans will inspire your podcasting.
How will you podcast differently in 2013?
Many people like to make New Year’s resolutions. I like to consider these goals, and they should be reasonable.
But beyond special goals or resolutions, how are you planning to podcast differently in the coming year? Will you be changing your branding, enhancing your marketing, redesigning your website, jumping into video, starting a new podcast, or anything else different from how you podcasted in 2012?
I would love to include your thoughts in an upcoming episode of The Audacity to Podcast!
Mobile devices now account for a large percentage of web traffic. Because of this, I’ve been working to “responsivize” all of the Noodle.mx Network podcast websites. The Audacity to Podcast will be first and launching in the first week of January, 2013.
CES 2013 coverage
The 2013 Consumer Electronic Show is in Las Vegas January 8–11 and I’ll be there with the TechPodcasts Network to cover it. I’ll record video interviews, participate in live CES coverage at tpn.tv, and share what I think will be most interesting to podcasters and other media producers.
My new videos will cover:
- quick podcasting answers,
- screencast tutorials,
- podcasting gear reviews,
- audio and video equipment how-tos,
- and more!
I’m currently developing WordPress plugins to simplify some of the things I do on my podcast websites, and I’ll eventually release these as either a free, “freemium,” or premium plugins to WordPress. Hint: one of them does some beautiful things with PowerPress.
Having my DSLR camera and better video-editing software, I plan to product some training products and an ebook or two. These will come in at various price points, but I’ll give early testers a discount.
Training and consulting
To help you learn how to podcast, launch your podcast website, or optimize your current podcast and workflow, I’ll refine my one-on-one and group training offerings.
I will always keep the regular episodes of The Audacity to Podcast free. But many listeners have also asked for a simple way to leave monetary tips
Tweaked shownotes titles
As you may have noticed, I’ve already tweaked my episode titles for how they show up in iTunes and on the website. Instead of starting episode titles with the abbreviation and episode number (“TAP109: What’s coming in 2013”), I’m moving the “code” to the end (“What’s coming in 2013 – TAP109”).
This won’t affect my SEO because I always write a different title that Google and search-engine users will see.
Podcasting news and deals
Podcasters often need upgraded equipment, software, or want to know about the industry and tools that are coming out. In 2013, I’ll blog about more of these here on the website to help you get the stuff you need and save.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- WONDERLAND: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland podcast
- Resurrection Revealed: Resurrection podcast
- Under the Dome Radio: Under the Dome podcast
- The Sci-Phi Show: Science-fiction and philosophy
- Christian Meets World: Christian worldview and the everyday
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive comissions or bonuses from your actions on such links