Did you know I once directed a podcast network? I retired it in spring 2019, and here are some lesson I hope can help you.
The network's history
I founded Noodle Mix Network (originally called “Noodle.mx Network,” but always pronounced the same) with the launch of The Audacity to Podcast in June 2010.
My goal was to bring together like-minded podcasters with high-quality shows to grow together through synergy, community, support, crosspromotion, and sponsorship.
Noodle Mix Network combined my pre-existing shows, the Ramen Noodle and Are You Just Watching, with a brand new show called The Audacity to Podcast.
It since grew to host a wide variety of shows:
- the Ramen Noodle
- Are You Just Watching
- The Audacity to Podcast
- Beyond the To-Do List
- The Productive Woman
- Christian Meets World
- The Sci-Phi Show
- Welcome to Level Seven
- Under the Dome Radio
- Resurrection Revealed
- Podcasting Videos by The Audacity to Podcast
- Inside the Podcasting Business
What the network did well
- Rally for awards
What the network did poorly
- Audience-relevant common theme
- Full and consistent community
Why I retired the network
- Allow me to focus on fewer things
- Give each podcaster more room to expand
Should you start or join a network?
- If run like a business
- If an obvious audience-relevant benefit
- Not if it's only a club
For more information, I highly recommend Dave Jackson's episode of School of Podcasting (in which I'm a guest), “How to Start a Podcast Network: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly.”
Need podcasting help?
If you are past episode one, then please join me and other podcasters in Podcasters' Society where we help you improve the quality and success of your podcast through an encouraging community, inspirational training, and expert support!
If you need one-on-one help, or you haven't launched your podcast, yet, click here to request a personal coaching and consulting session and we'll connect you with a podcasting expert we trust!
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the show notes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, other Android apps, or in your favorite podcast app.
- Join the Facebook Page
- Subscribe on YouTube for Podcasting Videos by The Audacity to Podcast
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.