I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, then I hope you at least had some time with family and friends and found something for which to be thankful.
1. Pick your domain
A good website starts with a good domain (episode 19). You may already have a domain, or you may need to register one when you start your website.
2. Get a web host
|Site5 HostBasic||Site5 HostPro||BlueHost|
|Domain registration||$9.96/year||$9.96/year||Free first year, $11.95 after that|
|Website migration||Free||Free||Not offered|
|Satisfaction guarantee||45-day, 100% refund||45-day, 100% refund||Anytime, prorated refund|
|Monthly price (12-month)||$5.95||$9.95||$7.95|
|Annual price without promos||$81.36||$129.36||107.35|
I personally use Site5‘s HostPro package and have been very happy.
3. Install and configure WordPress
Most website control panels have an easy way to install WordPress.
If you host with Site5, go to your “SiteAdmin” (Cpanel for any similar web host), click on Fantastico, then WordPress.
If you host with BlueHost, go to your Cpanel, click WordPress under SimpleScripts Installation.
Follow the instructions to easily install WordPress. If the system installs an old version, you can update through the WordPress admin.
4. Install and configure plugins
Pick the right set of WordPress plugins for blogging and podcasting (episode 41).
5. Publish content
Now it’s time for you to create your story by publishing quality content! In everything, make your message the focus.
If this is a bit too much, or you’d like your website to look better than a standard WordPress theme, then please hire me to design either a customer header image or your whole website! Email Daniel@DJosephDesign.com or call (903) 231-2221.
What do you do when you don’t feel like podcasting?
I’d like a future episode to share how we podcasters give ourselves a kick in the pants to podcast when we don’t feel like it, or how we refocus, or how we get new inspiration to keep going.
I can help you launch or improve your podcast
I'm available for one-on-one consulting to help you launch or improve your podcast.
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Call (903) 231-2221 to leave a voicemail
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Please connect with me
- Read Daniel J. Lewis's personal blog about freelancing, web design, social media, technology, and more
- Subscribe, rate, and review in iTunes
- Join the Facebook Page
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
Find more podcasts about technology on the Tech Podcasts Network.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship. I may receive commissions or bonuses from your actions on such links