Previous live-streaming podcast episodes
Make sure that you’ve listened to previous episodes in our live-streaming series.
- 5 Reasons, 4 Cautions
- How to Live-Stream Yourself While Podcasting
- How to Live-Stream and Record a Podcast with Others
- How to Embed Live-Streaming Video on a Podcast Website
Ideal chat room features
Embedding a chat room is easy, but picking a service that works best for your listeners is harder.
- Hosted by someone else
- Embeddable on a web page
- Prefer without Flash Player
- Anonymous or guest access without account
- Account option
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter (including login with them)
- Top-to-bottom flow (like an instant messenger)
- Basic formatting (bold, italics, links, colors)
- Moderation controls (word-blocking, banning users)
- Free or low-cost
Sites that offer embeddable chat rooms
- Ustream.tv—requires Flash Player, requires Ustream.tv account for chat room, posts bottom to top, mostly stinks
- Justin.tv—does not require Flash Player, requires Justin.tv account, posts top to bottom
- LiveStream—currently requires Flash Player (promises support for non-Flash soon); allows guest and LiveStream registered account; posts top to bottom.
- Chatango—requires Flash Player; allows anonymous, guest, and registered account; posts top to bottom
- Facebook Live Stream—does not require Flash Player, only allows Facebook users, posts bottom to top
- 99chats—requires Flash Player, allows guests, posts top to bottom
- UserPlane—requires Flash Player, free option limited to 25 connections
- ChatRoll—does not require Flash Player, Facebook and Twitter logins, account option, posts top to bottom, free option limited to 10 participants
- CBox—does not require Flash Player, $2/month
Do you know of other services or have thoughts on any of these? Please share your feedback!
Need personalized podcasting help?
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Leave a voicemail at (903) 231-2221
- Email feedback@TheAudacitytoPodcast.com (audio files welcome)
Connect with me
- Subscribe to The Audacity to Podcast on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Page and watch live podcasting Q&A on Mondays at 2pm (ET)
- Subscribe on YouTube for video reviews, Q&A, and more
- Follow @theDanielJLewis
This post may contain links to products or services with which I have an affiliate relationship and may receive compensation from your actions through such links. However, I don't let that corrupt my perspective and I don't recommend only affiliates.